www.jesusonthetube.co.uk for one of the best known of my images, Jesus being ignored while on a tube train
www.agracefuldeath.blogspot.com for the A Graceful Death exhibition, paintings from the end of life
- The Glorious Clarissa. Clarissa had twice now allowed me to come into her smart and enormous Wimbledon home and turn it into a gallery. Clarissa is smart, funny, sassy and kind. Clarissa is an excellent business woman. She is great at making people feel welcome, happy and good about themselves. And she doesn't mind a house bursting with people, she takes it all in her stride and enables everyone to feel at home and part of the show.
- Eileen, the Photographer Extraordinaire. Eileen is consistently able to organise the exhibitions to make them really shine. Eileen is always there for me, and despite being extremely busy as a photographer and at work, she comes and helps with total attention and dedication to detail. Eileen is not afraid to tell me if something doesn't work, and so I trust her judgement even though I hate hearing anything that isn't fulsome praise.
- Alan. Alan always makes the effort to come from miles away to support in any way he can. He will go and fetch things that I have forgotten, and he will be very strict about doing things properly. He chats to people, tells them about the paintings, and promotes the works wonderfully. He can count up in his head instantly which stops me from making dreadful mistakes adding up purchases. (Two cards? That will be £800 please.)
- The Kids. Subsection A - Alexia, the Daughter. She came to help with the cakes and teas, setting them all up and using her wit and intelligence to sell everything to everyone. Alexia can also make all the cakes but didn't this time because she is working and studying full time. Both. At once. Amazing.
- Subsection B - Costya the Older Son. Costya is the cool style guru. His first job is to look good and be seen from the right angle. Costya has helped in the past, and when he is in the right frame of mind, will mingle and chat with people and make me sound like God. He can do this, but he has to be in the Zone. Otherwise, he comes and often stays where I am staying, coming truly alive when the wine is opened and a meal on its way. He is excellent for one-to-one chats to members of the public, and if he is not in the Zone, I dread to think what he tells them about his Mum.
- Subsection C - Dimitri the Younger Son. Dimitri is 14 and needs feeding so he has to be near a Food Source. He is a lovely soul, kind and clever, interesting and good natured but at 6'3" he tends to fall over his feet. He is also deaf in one ear and having lost his hearing aid (another will be ready on 6 June), will mishear things and the most cosmic of conversations can take place, where whoever is talking to Dimitri is not sure if he is a genius or certifiable. Dimitri has profound business ideas where he thinks I should pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap. Dimitri also needs to stay wherever I am staying, unless someone can have him while I am away.